Sunday, March 2, 2008

'Tis the season

I've jst read a post on the Sanctus-1 blog from Fat Roland, about giving up stuf for Lent.

It's Lent? Oh Bugger.

That's the kind of thing that can pass you by out here: there's no seasonal carpet-bombing of advertising to remind you of the things that you should be buying, wearing, investing in, eating or drinking. What advertising there is, is static, so I know (for example) that drinking Guinness will "reveal the true you", drinking Courvoisier will make young women want to stand around me, while I recline in my smoking jacket, and that smoking some brand or other of cigarettes will make me seem effortlessly European.

But chocolate eggs, heart shaped candy and the like, pass me completely by.
I suppose I have given up my job for Lent. Does that count?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

".. given up job for Lent" Hmm? but you re having more fun right?

Myn said...

Ah. So this is Fun, is it?

Sarah said...

Probably the closest you'll get to it.

But you'll only realise afterwards...