Sunday, February 10, 2008

Help, I've got termites!

My laptop seem to be full of termites. I get rid of them as soon as the emerge onto the screen or keyboard, but as for the others.....





Anyone out there in ITland think that this might be a problem?





In other news, my time's up: Ihave 20 hungry volunteers to get fed, and I'm in a very nice winebar with free wifi. Time Iwent.





Sorry guys, the piccies will have to wait.





Again.



Except this one. We weren't mucking about when we named the blog.


5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yurgh, that's disgusting.

I think it's part of life - when I was in Uganda we had cockroaches in the toaster (yuck) - they all came scuttling out when you turned it on. They might cause a problem if they die in there. Make sure you back up regularly if you can...

Rob (the ergonomist). said...

Yup, theyall appear to have scuttled out & / or been squashed.

Machine still works, so all seems OK!

Spiders taste like, um, chilli and honey - ie, what they are fried in...

1 i z said...

Theory 1:
All laptops have termites inside - they run around processing all the data, doing sums and painting pictures on the screen for you. Honestly, how did you think it all worked?
Intel is actually Latin for termite - hence "Intel Inside".

Theory 2:
To remove unwanted termites from a laptop; raise laptop above head and shake rapidly.
Warning: you may end up with termites down your collar.
Warning 2: if your screen goes blank at this stage, you have either broken your laptop, OR, it was actually an etch-a-sketch all along.

I'm only trying to help...

Sarah said...

1 i z, I think that was better than help.

Rob (the ergonomist). said...

If you use Help, it will say "error code 255458996745. Do you want to contact Microsoft for a solution?"