Sunday, January 4, 2009

What I did on my holidays


The compulsory Christmas catchup post.
It was my family's turn this year, so we went down to Cornwall.  My aunt lives in the pretty village of Devoran, the far side of Truro.  It's quite a drive, so I was grateful to be able to leave the driving to my Chris and my mother.  Myn, on the other hand, came down by train on Christmas Eve.
Usual Christmassy stuff happened: food; wine; church; coastal walk; Dr Who; Wallace & Gromit.  On the way back, we were dropped of at Taunton, from where we went by steam train to Dunster, for a couple of nights at the Yarn Market Hotel.

It was a pleasant stay: the steam trains were fun; there are some nice pubs in Dunster; some interesting walks to be had; and this interesting sign:
"End of public road".


1 comment:

Fat Roland said...

I'm glad to say I survived the whole of Christmas without watching a single episode of Dr Who.

My word ver sounds like a pile cream: "ringsoll"